My birthday party last year was epic (we celebrated my birthday for nearly 24 hours nonstop) and I knew I wouldn't be able to top it this year so I decided to keep things simple... Hmmm... "simple"... I couldn't help but invite all of you to an imaginary party - I guess that's what simple means to me. Your photos have exceeded all my expectations and I've been thinking a lot about how to express my gratitude, it felt like 'thank you' wasn't enough... I feel lucky and fortunate to have you in my life. I never thought blogging would have such an impact on my life and it took me a long time to acknowledge it. What was supposed to be a place where I could express my creativity became a place where I daily receive buckets of love. I know no other way to say it right than saying it in my mothertongue...
So here's what we did to celebrate my birthday:
• a magic concert...
• then Frode took me to an amazing bar I had never heard of: a little hidden gem inspired by the 1920s.
• after-party and I started losing track of time...
• brunch at Villa Paradiso: panna cotta and four cortado for me.
• the weather was rad so we decided to take a walk along the river.
• eventually I went to one of my favourite spots in Oslo, I sat alone by the fjord and realized how lucky I am and how much has happened since last year.
• back home, my mom called me from France: "I just can't believe my daughter's turning 28".